Adventures of an American Seoul-Sister

Adventures and Observations of an American Seoul-Sister

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Green and Getting Greener

These are add-ons to my past post "It Is Easy Being Green."  So, I finished that post.  Then, low and behold, more "greenary" starts popping up all over the place!  So, here's some more for amusements sake:


This is a rolled-up futon mattress that I got out of the trash.  It looked in good shape and pretty clean, so the hippy in me couldn't leave it in the trash.  I mean to have it cleaned to use for visitors.  Dumpster-diving is a common passtime for little old ladies in Korea.  In fact, the law requires that trash be thrown out in see-through bags so that the old folks can tell if there's anything worthwhile inside before they rip the bags open. 
  
I love my Korean lunchbox.  It's basically stackable tupperware with an attachable handle.  The best thing about it is that I can take different foods without them getting mixed together.  Plus...no waste!

This is the lunchbox, stacked and ready to go.



 Because of the street lights outside my window, I can't sleep without my dragon eye mask.  Two things I love about it:  I am "year of the dragon" and, if you know me, then you know that the dragon sign suits me rather well.  Also, the straps hook around the ears, which makes more sense than one strap that goes all the way around the head which is slippery and gives hair a funky crease overnight. 

My badminton set is green, so is the package containing the cheapest shuttlecocks (made with real goose feathers).  Badminton is one of the most popular sports in Korea.  Almost every park has badminton courts (also green) that are in nearly constant use. 

Hopefully, that's all the "green" blogs you'll have to read, as I am going to make a conscious effort to get some other colors into my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment