Adventures of an American Seoul-Sister

Adventures and Observations of an American Seoul-Sister

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nha Trang

After a day in Ho Chi Minh City, I board a night bus to the eastern coastal town of Nha Trang.  It was my first time on a sleeper bus, and I thought it was really clever--transportation and accommodation in one. 


It was easy to find a room close the beach in Nha Chang.  So, I checked in to my room, put on my swim suit, and headed to the beach.  When I bought my conservative one-piece before leaving the states, I figured it would pass as unoffensive just about anywhere.  I was wrong.  Appartently, the extreme heat of Vietnam is not enough to warrant bathing attire.  Locals came to the beach in full street attire and swam fully clothed in jeans, sweaters, hats, and shoes.  Judging from the local ogling, my one-piece was a bit of a scandal in Nha Trang.  However, I matched each local ogle for ogle as I stared agape, imaging the discomfort of walking home in wet jeans.  Luckily, I evently found a small foreigner section of beach with other swim suits wearers to blend in with.  However, I decided to shorten my stay in Nha Trang after learning of its main tourist attraction which is to awful to name on my blog.  I left the next day for the lovely town of Hoi An.  Here are a couple of pics from Nha Trang. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment