Adventures of an American Seoul-Sister

Adventures and Observations of an American Seoul-Sister

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Raise the Red Lantern

This is the kick-off post to begin my Beijing Vacation series. (The title is inspired by a wonderful Chinese movie of the same name. Check it out!) Being a dragon myself, this week-long adventure over Chinese New Year felt particularly special.  I thought of it as a week-long birthday and treated myself accordingly.  The highlights were many.   I've never filled so many photo disks in one week (on my awesome new camera that I gave myself for my "dragon-birthday")! Maybe I got a little carried away with the red lanterns, but they were so quintessential to the whole Chinese experience that I couldn't help my whip my camera out every time I saw them (intervals of about 47 seconds).  Enjoy the pics and the posts to follow about the beautiful, and quite possibly my new favorite, city of Beijing, China.  

   














No comments:

Post a Comment