Adventures of an American Seoul-Sister

Adventures and Observations of an American Seoul-Sister

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Angkor Thom

The intense and humid heat nearly overcoming my senses, I continue from Angkor Wat by tuk-tuk down a monkey-inhabited dirt road to another temple, Angkor Thom. This temple was much smaller but more beautiful. The multi-towered structure featured giant stone Buddha/Brahman (?) faces on each tower.  (When I say giant, I mean that the faces alone were 12-15 feet tall, without considering the rest of the tower.)  Having cruised through this temple and being quite happy with the amount of decent photos taken, I crossed the road to another, smaller temple with an impressively long stone bridge, an elephant wall, and little boys who made their living collecting empty plastic water bottles (sorry, no pics of the boys).

Bridge to Thom












The smaller temple and bridge

Elephant Trunk Wall

Elephant Wall

 See another temple from this trip on my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment