Adventures of an American Seoul-Sister

Adventures and Observations of an American Seoul-Sister

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Angkor Wat

I spent one day in Siem Reap, Cambodia touring the various temples.  The first temple I visited, Angkor Wat, took hours to tour, and I still didn't see the whole thing..  It is the the largest religious structure in the world.  The walls are covered in stone carvings depicting ancient religious stories.  Angkor Wat is a strange combination of Buddhist and Hindu symbolism, having been used by both religions at different points in history.  Aside from being really ancient and beautiful, I met some cute little local boys there.  I gave them stickers, and they taught me to use their whirly toy. 











Some makeshift temples with offerings.







No comments:

Post a Comment